Welcome to Family Table Thyme!
- Would you love to have time at your table each week to connect with others?
- Do you feel like you never have time to plan/prepare meals for your family? Or you just lose motivation?
- Do you want your family to eat healthier or be less picky?
- Do you wish your family ate out less and cooked more at home?
- Do you wonder frequently what to cook?
- Do you love food and cooking?
- Do you love food but dislike cooking?
- Would you like to gain skills in cooking?
- Do you get overwhelmed with the number of recipes available and get stuck?
“Go, go, go or hurry, hurry, hurry!” are frequent words that I have used in my house of 6. I am Laura Hughes and I have been a stay at home mom for 14 years to 4 unique and fantastic kids and a wife for 17 years to my very loving, wise, tolerant, and supportive husband Paul. To be up front and REAL, at times, it has been incredibly challenging raising a family! There is never a dull moment in my house! Keeping up with the daily demands of life can be overwhelming, exhausting, and depleting. However, God has been revealing to me that it doesn’t have to be this way! With weekly planning, good habits, and being intentional, I’ve discovered that I can have time to blow dry my hair, not eat standing up, and actually have some joy and fun! YES!!
I absolutely love food and cooking. I LOVE learning about new foods, recipes, techniques, flavors, ingredients, spices, etc. The endless amount of possibilities, ingredients, and creativity that goes into preparing a dish fascinates and excites me! When I got married, I really started learning more about cooking, while experimenting with and modifying recipes. Paul and I eventually also started creating some of our own (he’s naturally a great cook!). I realized there was more to it than just food and cooking. I get PURE joy from working on a meal and serving it to others at my table! As I have spoken to others through the years, I realized that not everyone shares the same passion for food and cooking or if they do, they don’t feel like they have time to plan or cook. It is my hope to share with you what I love so that you will be able to feel less stressed, plan meals, eat good food, and most importantly sit and connect with family and friends at the table.
Here at Family Table Thyme, you will find my personal meal plans with tips, recipes from my favorite cooks, chefs, and bloggers, as well as some of my own created recipes. I will also be blogging on topics such as food, family, faith, and fun.
Please explore my site and I would LOVE to connect with you.