This meal is a family favorite! It is simple, quick, and tastes great the next day for lunch or leftovers. We serve ours over coconut rice, which we love but you can use regular (basmati or jasmine) rice too! You could even pair it with cauliflower rice! As a side, my family loves Roasted Asparagus with a Soy-Butter-Coconut Sauce. You can add it to the rice bowl or just serve on the side!
Please leave any comments/questions/ratings below!
I would love to hear from you!
1–2 TB Unrefined Coconut Oil (You can use canola, olive, or other oil)
1/2 onion diced small
4 cloves of garlic minced
1–2 TB minced fresh ginger
*1-2 Thai Peppers or any other hot pepper (leave out if you don’t prefer hot)
2 lbs. Lean ground beef (I use 93%)
4 TB Soy Sauce
2 TB Fish Sauce
1 TB Brown Sugar
Chopped fresh Cilantro
Chopped fresh Basil
A squeeze of Lime Juice
1. In a large skillet/pan, heat the oil on medium heat and put in the onions. Sauté the onions and peppers (if using) until softened about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the ground beef and cook on a medium heat using a wooden spoon breaking apart the meat until nicely browned about 10-15 minutes.
4. While the beef is cooking, in a small bowl combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Stir until well mixed.
5. When the beef is browned, add the soy sauce mixture and stir well until fully incorporated. Turn the heat to medium-low, stirring every so often for about 5-7 minutes.
6. Add the chopped garnishes, if using, and a squeeze of lime juice.
7. Serve in bowls over rice
**I always leave out super spicy peppers and put on the side for people to put individually in their bowls
**The coconut oil gives it a really nice flavor that goes nicely with the ginger, garlic, and sauce!