~1 Tablespoon of Butter (for pan)
8 slices of good bread
16 slices of good melting cheese (I usually use at least 2 kinds)
For Chipotle Mayo:
1/2 cup Regular Mayonnaise
3–4 Tablespoons of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (can use just sauce or chopped peppers with sauce)
4 Tablespoons of chopped cilantro
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
*6-8 thin slices of jalapeño (optional-depending on your tolerance of heat)
- In a small bowl, mix the Mayonnaise, Chipotle peppers/sauce, cilantro, garlic powder, and jalapeño (if using)
- Take the bread slices and spread the chipotle mayo on the outside of the bread.
- Heat the skillet over low to low-medium heat. Melt butter in skillet
- Place slices in skillet and build sandwiches in the skillet
- Flip after about 4-5 minutes or until toasted brown
I sometimes butter and toast the inside of the bread before I cook the sandwich! So GOOD!
I have spread jalapeño jelly on the inside of the sandwich, which is fun and delicious too.
I usually use Velveeta slices or American Cheese mixed with another kind of white cheese