If you haven’t tried grocery pick up, you are missing out! When I tell people about using an online grocery pickup service, I have seen many faces “unsure” of the concept of ordering groceries online and having someone else pick out your groceries. I am quite picky on certain foods (bananas partially green and firm please!) however, I must testify that I have LOVED using Kroger’s Click-List and HEB’s Curbside service for groceries each week and the convenience has far outweighed any concerns I had!
The 2 biggest benefits for my family with grocery pick up has been saving time and money. I don’t spend near as much money as I would shopping through the store, and the time I save is about 2 hours a week! We still do physically go to the store for a few items we may need, but for big shopping Clicklist and Curbside is what we do!
It seems that where I live either moms are Pro-HEB or Pro-Kroger. I am actually BOTH! I have used both pickup services many times and here is my feedback on each:
KROGER CLICKLIST PROS
- If your specific item isn’t available, they will charge you the same price for the substitution. For example, if I order Kroger brand Cheerios and they are out, they will give me the General Mills Cheerios for the Kroger brand price. NICE!
- The employees (at my store) do a very good job on adhering to my notes and picking out items.
- The service (at my store) is very courteous, efficient, and generally your wait isn’t long at all
- They will take paper Coupons when you pick up groceries with Clicklist. You just hand them the coupons when you arrive. (HEB does not with Curbside, unless it’s a Curbside coupon)
- The sale items are all listed online when you search a product and if there is coupon available on an item you can load it to your Kroger card.
- You get fuel points for every dollar spent and if you take a survey of Clicklist, you can even earn more fuel points.
KROGER CLICKLIST CONS
- Sometimes they say the do not have items in stock and I will go into the store and find them. This depends on who is getting groceries and how knowledgeable they are on the items available.
- When an item isn’t in stock they don’t contact you and let you know. They will substitute another brand (only if you have checked it is ok) but you don’t find out until you get to store.
- Not every single item in store can always be found on their Clicklist site. There are some very specific items I won’t be able to find online, but doesn’t happen too often. (Note: If an item isn’t available online, it is important to notify the store so that they can add it in. This system is still fairly new, so they rely heavily on feedback to make it more efficient!)
- This is minor, but receipt and order is paper printout. Kind of wish it was digital.
HEB CURBSIDE PROS
- HEB has a texting system that alerts you when your order is placed, when your order is ready for pickup, and when a change was made to order (with option to call you to approve change). Also, you send a text with your space to let them know when it’s ready
- HEB Curbside’s website is very user friendly. I love that you can make notes right in the margin where your list is stored AND what is really cool is that it saves your notes and will be there the next time you shop!
- Sends digital receipt to your email
HEB CURBSIDE CONS
- They don’t take coupons unless it specifically says Curbside.
- Sometimes they say they do not have items in stock and I will go into the store and find them. This depends on who is getting groceries and how knowledgeable they are on the items available.
- There are some very specific items I won’t be able to find online, but doesn’t happen too often. (Note: If an item isn’t available online, it is important to notify the store so that they can add it in. This system is still fairly new, so they rely heavily on feedback to make it more efficient!)
As you can see both grocery pick up service work well, so it’s just a matter of your preference or what store is available near you. Remember, it won’t be perfect all of the time and this is still fairly new, so give feedback to the store when you can! If you have any questions, let me know!
Leave a Reply