My husband Paul loves the nachos you get at sporting events: processed cheese, chips, and jalapenos=awesome. They aren’t my favorite, but honestly I will still eat them when he buys them. Cheese and chips are just the perfect duo.
My favorite kind of nachos is homemade! You can make them exactly as you like and put as much or as little cheese as you prefer! These Chipotle Chicken Nachos are awesome! If your a nacho lover, go make these!!!!
This recipe is super easy and the chicken can be also used in enchiladas, tacos, soups, wraps, etc. If you don’t have an Instant Pot that is ok! You can cook on the stovetop!!!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE CHICKEN:
Please be sure and leave a comment or question below!!! I would love any feedback! You can also contact me here.Print
For the Chicken:
Cooking Oil (Canola, Grapeseed, Vegetable, Olive)
3 Cups Chicken (~3–4 Breasts, ~6–8 tenders, ~5–7 Thighs cut into big pieces )*I prefer thighs and you can also mix
1 small-medium onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano or regular oregano
1 Tablespoon chili powder (*use less if sensitive to spicy)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
3 Tablespoons Chipotle Adobo Sauce (*see Note)
3/4 cup Mexican beer or light beer (If you don’t do beer, use broth)
1/2 cup Chicken broth (or water)
For the Nachos:
Tortilla Chips (I use Julio’s)
Mexican cheese or cheese of choice
fresh cilantro, avocado, sour cream, pickled jalepeños, salsa, pico, tomatoes, beans, lime juice from 1 lime
1. Measure out the dry spices and put in a small bowl, dice your onion, and mince garlic. Set aside.
2. Turn Instant Pot to Saute´ and add about 1-2 TB of oil until the bottom of the pot is coated well. Once hot, add your onion and saute´ for about 3-5minutes or until soft and translucent.
3. Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant (about 1 minute).
4. Add spices, stir well until onions and garlic are fully coated (about 1 minute).
5. Add cilantro, Adobo sauce, beer, and broth and stir well. Put chicken in and stir well until coated. Add salt/pepper.
6. Change InstantPot to Pressure Cook high for 15 minutes (for thighs) or 20 minutes (for breasts). Be sure to close the pressure valve. Once cooking is complete, hand release the valve.
7. Pull the meat from the pot with a slotted spoon and put into a bowl. Shred with 2 forks and add any juice as needed for moisture or flavor.
8. Turn the oven to broil. Take a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and put down one layer of tortilla chips. Top with shredded chicken and cheese of choice making sure each chip gets covered. Put in the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Keep a close eye on the nachos as they cook fast.
9. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!!!! I serve with lime wedges on the side.
If you don’t have an InstantPot then you could just make the chicken in a regular skillet or pot and cook until done
Chipotle Peppers are very hot, so if you want extra kick, you can add a chopped pepper with the adobo sauce. Just be cautious of the seeds as they are HOT!