- Pizza Crust (I make Barefoot Contessa’s recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/white-pizzas-with-arugula-recipe2-2124588 (You could use store bought or make your own)
- 1 14oz. jar of store bought pizza sauce (Rao’s, Dellalo, or Classico)
- 1 package Turkey Pepperoni or Regular Pepperoni (I use Boars Head)
- 1–2 cups of Cooked Italian Sausage or Turkey Sausage
- ~2 cups of Mozzarella Cheese (shredded or very thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil
- Make pizza dough (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/white-pizzas-with-arugula-recipe2-2124588) and allow to rise (30 min). Be sure the hot water is right temperature (100-110) for yeast to dissolve and activate!
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and if you have a pizza stone, put in the oven as the oven is heating.
- Take your pizza dough and roll out as thin as you can on floured surface (pizza peel, cutting board, parchment paper).
- Transfer pizza dough to pizza stone (pull out from heating) or cookie sheet
- Spread thin layer of pizza sauce and Pepperoni and top with desired amount of cheese. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted. I always put basil on when the pizza comes out so it doesn’t burn
TRY THESE FUN OPTIONS:
Margherita Pizza: Spread with thin layer of preferred pizza sauce, thinly sliced (1/4-1/2 inch) fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, and fresh Mozzarella, drizzled olive oil and chopped garlic I top with julienned fresh basil at end of cooking (so it doesn’t brown)
Meat Pizza: Pizza Sauce, shredded Mozzarella, Cooked Italian sausage, ground beef, ham, bacon
Hawaiian: Chopped Pineapple, Ham, and Red Pepper Flakes
Roasted Veggie: Roast favorite vegetables in oven beforehand and top on pizza with mozzarella and/or herbed goat cheese. (Ex: Mushroom, Brussels sprouts, bell peppers, squash, Onions) Instead of red pizza sauce use basil pesto as sauce! YUM!
Basic Cheese Pizza: Pizza sauce and combination of your favorite cheeses (Mozzarella, Romano, Parmigiano, etc.)