A couple of years ago we started making sliders for our family. Our girls, including myself, would never really finish a full-size burger when we grilled. Sliders are smaller, have fewer calories, and you can even make 2 with different flavors on them. Paul, my husband came up with a super easy yet tasty recipe below. The secret? Adams Reserve Just Right Burger Spice. We LOVE it! It really gives the burger a great flavor. See my notes below the recipe for our favorite toppings/flavor combos. Happy Grilling!!
- 2lbs of ground beef
- 3TB of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 TB Adams Reserve Just Right Burger Seasoning
- 1 pack of 12 Slider Buns (I like the Sesame Seed Pepperidge farm)
- 6 Slices (packaged and sliced) Velveeta Cheese or American (break in ½ then fold over to form 12 small squares)
- Toppings and Sauce of Choice
- We don’t add salt as the seasoning and Worcestershire give it enough!
- Preheat grill to about 400 F., about medium heat. Place the ground beef in a large bowl. Mix the meat, Worcestershire, and the burger seasoning until combined. Try to not handle the meat too much as this could make the meat tough.
- Make patties about 3 inches in diameter (about the size of your palm). Press your thumb in middle to make a small dimple in middle of patty, as this prevents burger balls! Optional: Take slider buns and spread butter, margarine, or mayonnaise on each bun and broil until lightly browned.
- Clean the grill with a grill brush and place the patties on. Do not press on the patties with a spatula, as this will release the juices from the meat.
- Flip patties after about 3-4 minutes and let them cook about 3-4 more minutes. About 1 minute before you take the meat off, place cheese on the burger (if using). If not eating right away, loosely tent the patties with tin foil (watching that the foil doesn’t touch cheese) to keep warm or put in oven on warm setting (170 F).
- Southwest Burger (my favorite!): Add chipotle Mayo, avocado, cilantro, Jalapeno, Mexican cheese, chorizo
- Mediterranean Burger: Add Feta Cheese, Spinach, Greek Aioli, Tomato, Basil, olives
- All American-Add Bacon, Fried Egg, Caramelized Onions, Ketchup, Mayo,
- Paul’s favorite Sauce: Mix Sriracha and mayo
- Our kids favorite Sauce: What-a-burger Patty Melt Sauce (most grocery stores carry this)